My other bookshelves are organized differently. Basically, I have “to-read” shelves, “read” shelves (in order of reading), and “just-couldn’t-finish” shelves. And all of these shelves are divided up between hardback and paperback. There is a biography/memoir shelf. A Christmas shelf. There are shelves for the boys. Even the Golfer has a couple of shelves. But I’m running out of room on these shelves.
Here are my latest purchases:
1. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
2. Beverly Hills Adjacent by Jennifer Steinhauer and Jessica Hendra
3. This is Where I Leave You by Johnathan Tropper
4. A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff
5. Red Hook Road by Aylet Waldman
6. A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (gift from Mom)
7. Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
8. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
9. Bought by Anna David
And these are just the books that I’ve bought in the last two weeks.
So today, as it rains and I wait for a new headboard from West Elm to arrive (a Christmas present from the Golfer) I am going to head upstairs to our loft and rearrange my bookshelves because it makes me happy.
Clearly, I should have been a librarian.
How do you arrange your bookshelves?