1. I don’t need…my kids asking me the same thing over and over again. My bright and intelligent children have yet to figure out that the answer is always the same–no.
2. I don’t need…more things to stress over. I do a great job of making stress appear out of nowhere all on my own.
3. I don’t need…any more pets. Because three is more than enough. (And yes, the Golfer continually reminds me that I was the one that purchased all 3 of those pets.)
4. I don’t need…fast food. Because it is evil.
5. I don’t need…to spend more money. I need to save.
6. I don’t need…more books to read. I have plenty.
7. I don’t need…more excuses not to exercise. I need less. See #4.
8. I don’t need…to go to Target. See #5.
9. I don’t need…more things to do. I’m over-booked as it is.
10. I don’t need…more of anything. Because I have all that I need. Except handbags. And to lose 20 pounds. But that’s all I need.
Except this remote control. The handbags, the 20 pounds, and the remote control, and that’s all I need. And this paddle ball game. The handbags, and the 20 pounds, and the remote control and this paddle ball game and that’s all I need. And this lamp…
(Note: If you’ve never seen the movie “The Jerk”, then that last line won’t make any sense to you whatsoever. Sorry.)