1. I am not a good speller.
2. I flunked most of my 2nd grade spelling tests.
3. My 9-year-old is a better speller than I am. He’s in 3rd grade.
4. Whenever people ask me how to spell a word, the Golfer has a hard time stifling his laughter.
5. I just had a hard time spelling stifling.
6. God bless whoever invented Spell Check.
7. I have no game strategy whatsoever.
8. I am actually surprised that I spelled strategy correctly.
9. I don’t cheat.
10. If I find a word–any word–that I can spell with my tiles, I use it (even if it only gets me 6 points.)
11. Maybe I should be cheating.
12. For all the time spent playing, it doesn’t seem to be making me a better speller.
13. Clearly I’m not as bright as I thought.
14. Reading is supposed to make you a better speller. What a crock.
15. Crock would probably be a high scoring word with some “TL’s” and “DW’s” mixed in.
16. The computer that picks the tiles that I get obviously hates me.
17. And for whatever reason I continue to play.
18. Probably because it’s fun.